In this part of our ongoing series we look at a critical set of points north of Purley station and what role they might play in a future Brighton Main Line. It is also a convenient time to look at the issue of trying to keep the line open between South Croydon Junction and Coulsdon, with the Christmas engineering works showing what happens when this is not possible. Switching between the fast and slow at Purley There is a set of points north of Purley station that look complicated when viewed on ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- jason leahy on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (00:07, 19 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (09:27, 18 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)