Our journey down the Brighton Line has now got as far as South Croydon. Not only do we look at the station but also at the five track section between East Croydon and South Croydon. There we ask whether it is practical to add a sixth track and, if so, consider whether it would be worth doing. Finally, we take a brief look at BML2’s plans for South Croydon. The importance of South Croydon – or otherwise In terms of passenger numbers, South Croydon station is not really that important. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- jason leahy on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (00:07, 19 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (09:27, 18 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)