In part 1 we looked at the change of attitude towards cycling. Attitude, however, is only part of the battle. London presents some unique challenges for cycle planners – from road layouts to royalty – all of which need to be overcome for cycling to prosper. Few things highlight this better than the planned East-West (and North-South) Cycle Superhighways, and so it is to their story that we turn next. Crossrail for Bikes With the usual Mayoral hyperbole, the proposed East-West Cycle ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (22:08, 17 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)
- B&T on The Cicadas Take Flight: Explaining The May Timetable Changes (11:03, 16 June 2018)
- ROGER FLETCHER on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:12, 16 June 2018)
- timbeau on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (23:07, 15 June 2018)