In part 1 we looked at the change of attitude towards cycling. Attitude, however, is only part of the battle. London presents some unique challenges for cycle planners – from road layouts to royalty – all of which need to be overcome for cycling to prosper. Few things highlight this better than the planned East-West (and North-South) Cycle Superhighways, and so it is to their story that we turn next. Crossrail for Bikes With the usual Mayoral hyperbole, the proposed East-West Cycle ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (00:38, 22 September 2018)
- Graham H on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:23, 21 September 2018)
- Paul S on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (20:13, 21 September 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 21 September 2018 (17:01, 21 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)