On the 9th October, at Kings Cross, TfL unveiled the latest concept for the New Tube for London (NTfL) – the rolling stock design that will serve the majority of the “Deep Tube” lines, beginning with the Piccadilly Line in 2022. For a good percentage of its life, across many lines, this train will have a driver. The last part of that introductory paragraph may sound like a strange thing to say. It is a topic to which we will return later. First, however, let’s take a look at the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)