We like to think it is not often we get caught out at London Reconnections. Often there’s a hint, either spotter or official, if not an openly advanced warning, about significant announcements. Other times we have smelt them out anyway – reading through interminable committee minutes combined with the occasional sixth sense sometimes has its rewards. We must admit, however, that Thursday’s announcement by Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin about looking into Crossrail going to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (00:22, 22 September 2018)
- Graham H on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:23, 21 September 2018)
- Paul S on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (20:13, 21 September 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 21 September 2018 (17:01, 21 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)