We like to think it is not often we get caught out at London Reconnections. Often there’s a hint, either spotter or official, if not an openly advanced warning, about significant announcements. Other times we have smelt them out anyway – reading through interminable committee minutes combined with the occasional sixth sense sometimes has its rewards. We must admit, however, that Thursday’s announcement by Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin about looking into Crossrail going to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)