It is with great sadness that London Reconnections has learned of the death of Robert “Bob” Crow, who passed away in the early hours of this morning. From the moment he started his first job on the railways at 16 until his tragic death at only 52 years of age, Bob was a tireless servant of the railways themselves and of the men and women who worked on them. His influence on the recent history of London transport is near impossible to overstate. As General Secretary of the RMT he ...
As we covered in our look at Crossrail’s upcoming off-peak service, when talking about frequencies on London Underground (LU) it is an almost inevitable fact that minds concentrate on the peak period services and the frequency of those services this is logical because, from the railwayman’s perspective, it is thought to determine the infrastructure and rolling stock required. It is also obvious that it is generally the peak period service that the long suffering commuter is ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (18:32, 20 August 2018)
- Balthazar on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (17:44, 20 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (16:20, 20 August 2018)
- Rog (1londonblog) on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (19:19, 19 August 2018)
- Dstock7080 on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (10:46, 19 August 2018)