In part 2 of Uncircling the Circle we looked at London Underground’s proposals for getting rid of the Circle Line in the form of a continuous loop and how they came to fruition. In doing so a document dating back to 2009 was used to explain the revised Circle Line proposals. What was rather skipped over was an arguably altogether more interesting diagram in that document with a vision of how services will run on the Sub-Surface Railway (SSR) by the end of 2018. In this article we look at ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- RJB1 on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (14:30, 22 February 2019)
- Rog on Friday Reads – 22 February 2019 (14:16, 22 February 2019)
- Jimbo on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:58, 22 February 2019)
- Walthamstow Writer on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (23:03, 21 February 2019)
- Albert J. P. on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (11:32, 21 February 2019)