Of all the new stations on the Crossrail Route it is Canary Wharf that has arguably progressed the fastest. Here work on on the four floor structure itself is effectively complete and fit-out underway, with work on the timber lattice work now underway. The reasons for the station’s speedy progress aren’t entirely rail-related. The upper floors of the station will function as a shopping centre once completed and Canary Wharf Group, under whose contruction arm the station is being ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (10:15, 24 September 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (08:37, 24 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)