For a number of years now, we have covered Kensington and Chelsea’s push to have a Crossrail station approved. The campaign arguably began in earnest back in 2008, when the Borough began to work towards the redevelopment of the Kensal Gasworks site. Their proposal argued that the turnback facilities planned for Crossrail just west of Paddington should be turned into a full Kensal Crossrail Station, providing a connection to the line in the area. From the beginning it was clear that the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)