In our look at the Beeching Report itself we saw plans for a considerable number of railway closures, and looked at the reasoning behind the proposal. For London though, there were actually very few closures planned. We now look at these closure proposals, featured on a map in the report, and see what actually happened. The Beeching Report conveniently has the above map showing proposed closures in London. Watford Junction – St Albans Abbey It might be understandable why this branch would have ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- jason leahy on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (00:07, 19 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- 100andthirty on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (07:26, 19 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)