Finsbury Park Station. Its very name has been known to elicit a shudder from the passengers condemned to use its narrow winding passageways, inadequate (and largely un-weatherproof) ticket offices, and grimy stairwells. That’s a lot of shudders for Finsbury Park is, by some measures, the fourth busiest station outside Zone One. For years, locals and interchanging commuters have been assured that the station would be overhauled, with the introduction of step-free access and other improved ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- jason leahy on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (00:07, 19 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (09:27, 18 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)