Whilst most of the attention on Thursday was focused on City Hall, out West a major milestone was reached on Crossrail – tunnelling started at Royal Oak. The first of the Crossrail TBMs, “Phyllis” began the drive towards Paddington on Friday, with the second “Ada” due to be moved into place once Phyllis has cleared the portal. We’ll take a more detailed look at what’s happening here and elsewhere on Crossrail during the coming week, but in the meantime ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (21:41, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (17:16, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)