Southend Airport’s new rail station, which we have covered before, finally opened this summer. John Geoghegan, writing in the Echo, reported: Southend Airport’s new £12million rail station will finally open for business on Monday (17th July 2011). Following repeated delays, the first train from Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street is due to stop at the station at 4.05am. Airport owners Stobart have also revealed they will start charging customers to use the station’s ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (09:22, 17 October 2019)
- Danielnal on High Speed Buffers? HS2 in London (Part 1) (05:44, 17 October 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (08:56, 17 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:59, 16 October 2019)
- J. Elson on The Waterloo Link (16:47, 16 October 2019)