Further to JB’s report on the ELLX Phase Two extension from Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction, let’s go for a photographic guided tour of the end of the line at Clapham Junction where passengers will be able to change between the East and West London Lines of London Overground. With Battersea Power Station and the massive gas holder that loomed over Battersea Park station in the background, this 1947 view of the city end of Clapham Junction clearly shows from left to right the sets of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)