The Jubilee line upgrade is now essentially complete, after nearly six years of constant weekend closures. Although there is one more scheduled weekend closure on 4/5 September between West Hampstead and Stanmore to finish off some signalling work, the benefits of the upgrade can be already noticed. End to end journey times on the line between Stanmore and Stratford have decreased by four minutes, from 64 to 60, a reduction of 6.25%, although Transport for London had indicated journey times ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (10:15, 24 September 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (08:37, 24 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)