As expected, the ELL Extension to Highbury & Islington opened yesterday as planned. ELL services from New Cross Gate now run through to Highbury and Islington. As has become the norm in recent years, the opening ceremony just before 1000 was attended by various media outlets and featured an appearance by the Mayor. Most coverage has thus focused on the completion of the extension and the Mayor’s comments comparing the Overground to the M25 (and which there is therefore little point ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (08:37, 24 September 2019)
- Ivan on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (17:24, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)