As expected, the ELL Extension to Highbury & Islington opened yesterday as planned. ELL services from New Cross Gate now run through to Highbury and Islington. As has become the norm in recent years, the opening ceremony just before 1000 was attended by various media outlets and featured an appearance by the Mayor. Most coverage has thus focused on the completion of the extension and the Mayor’s comments comparing the Overground to the M25 (and which there is therefore little point ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- L on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (18:28, 11 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)