As expected, the ELL Extension to Highbury & Islington opened yesterday as planned. ELL services from New Cross Gate now run through to Highbury and Islington. As has become the norm in recent years, the opening ceremony just before 1000 was attended by various media outlets and featured an appearance by the Mayor. Most coverage has thus focused on the completion of the extension and the Mayor’s comments comparing the Overground to the M25 (and which there is therefore little point ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Reynolds953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (09:37, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)