The Expressions of Interest for Crossrail Rolling Stock closed at the beginning of this month, and it is likely that negotiations will mean that it will be 2013 before we officially see the contract awarded. One thing has, however, happened already – Crossrail have registered the new Rolling Stock’s class name with the National Rolling Stock Library (RSL). The the new rolling stock will be designated as Class 345. The use of the “3” designation suggests that Crossrail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (10:44, 16 June 2019)
- 100andthirty on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (07:56, 16 June 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 10 June 2019 (07:59, 15 June 2019)
- Taz on Upgrading the Piccadilly (05:31, 15 June 2019)
- Ben on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (20:07, 14 June 2019)