The Expressions of Interest for Crossrail Rolling Stock closed at the beginning of this month, and it is likely that negotiations will mean that it will be 2013 before we officially see the contract awarded. One thing has, however, happened already – Crossrail have registered the new Rolling Stock’s class name with the National Rolling Stock Library (RSL). The the new rolling stock will be designated as Class 345. The use of the “3” designation suggests that Crossrail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Snowy on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (16:08, 21 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (14:35, 21 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)