The Expressions of Interest for Crossrail Rolling Stock closed at the beginning of this month, and it is likely that negotiations will mean that it will be 2013 before we officially see the contract awarded. One thing has, however, happened already – Crossrail have registered the new Rolling Stock’s class name with the National Rolling Stock Library (RSL). The the new rolling stock will be designated as Class 345. The use of the “3” designation suggests that Crossrail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- L on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (18:28, 11 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)