Almost exactly a year ago, work began on the new transport interchange at Elmers End. This has now been completed and finally opened on the 5th of February (it had originally been scheduled to open in December last year). As can be seen from the pictures below, it features an access path to the original down platform exit, which leads to the footbridge across to the bay platform on the western side of station used by trams. The exit has an Oyster reader but currently no ticket machine (either ...
Seemingly proof that Sod’s Law is still a force to be reckoned with in the Capital, TfL’s announcement that the Jubilee Line upgrades were proceeding well has been followed by several days of serious disruption on the line. This appears to have been focussed mainly on the Canary Wharf – North Greenwich stretch that was identified in our recent overview of the upgrades as one of the remaining areas causing serious issues. Precisely what those issues are remains unclear, but ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (10:44, 16 June 2019)
- 100andthirty on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (07:56, 16 June 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 10 June 2019 (07:59, 15 June 2019)
- Taz on Upgrading the Piccadilly (05:31, 15 June 2019)
- Ben on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (20:07, 14 June 2019)