Almost exactly a year ago, work began on the new transport interchange at Elmers End. This has now been completed and finally opened on the 5th of February (it had originally been scheduled to open in December last year). As can be seen from the pictures below, it features an access path to the original down platform exit, which leads to the footbridge across to the bay platform on the western side of station used by trams. The exit has an Oyster reader but currently no ticket machine (either ...
Seemingly proof that Sod’s Law is still a force to be reckoned with in the Capital, TfL’s announcement that the Jubilee Line upgrades were proceeding well has been followed by several days of serious disruption on the line. This appears to have been focussed mainly on the Canary Wharf – North Greenwich stretch that was identified in our recent overview of the upgrades as one of the remaining areas causing serious issues. Precisely what those issues are remains unclear, but ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Snowy on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (16:08, 21 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (14:35, 21 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)