TfL are tendering for a number of additional trams with which to expand services on the Croydon Tramlink. The Contract Notice can be read here, although there’s not much more than a basic overview yet. Currently, it appears that the intention is to run a new service between Elmers End and Therapia Lane, Mondays to Saturdays. This will need ten new tram units (with five in service at any time), and this tender is for second hand tram units with which to deliver that service and associated ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)