Crossrail have issued a tender notice for the line’s Rolling Stock, depot and maintenance facilities. Published in the OJEU today, the notice covers the provision of rolling stock for the line, as well as on-board signalling installation, ongoing maintenance and the creation of the new Crossrail depot at Old Oak Common. A basic Rolling Stock concept image, issued by Crossrail alongside today’s tender announcement. Some details about the rolling stock and service patterns can be ...
The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) capacity enhancement project is making extremely good progress, with three-car trains in starting operation yesterday (Tuesday 30th November, 2010) on the Stratford – Lewisham route. This increases capacity by 50% per three-car train during the morning peak. The Director of the DLR, Jonathan Fox, said: “We are continuing to deliver an increase in capacity across the network as promised and local residents and passengers are now seeing the benefits of this. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (16:38, 23 September 2019)
- Jonathan Roberts on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (16:15, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)