Transport Secretary Philip Hammond revealed details today of a number of rail projects for which news had been missing since the Spending Review. Most notable in the announcement was confirmation that Thameslink will indeed be completed in full as currently scoped, albeit with a slightly elongated delivery plan. The project will now be scheduled to complete in 2019 (by which point, cynics may point out, the originally titled “Thameslink 2000” project will only be a mere 19 years ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)