Crossrail Ltd have released a statement reiterating their current stance with regards to savings. The statement can be read in full here. Broadly speaking, the statement largely confirms much that was already known. Crossrail indicate that they do not currently consider any major descoping to be an option. They also highlight the various actions that have already been taken to limit costs. This includes the redesign of Whitechapel which is estimated to save approximately £30m (we previously ...
[The photo of above gives an impressive view of all the new railway infrastructure at Stratford – from Bow Midland Road construction yard and DLR Pudding Mill Lane in the south, to the missing Hall Farm Curve via the Eurostar Depot and Olympic Way sidings and finally to the Walthamstow Arches in the north. It was taken from an RAF Merlin Helicopter door so no reflection off a glass window. Many thanks to Thomas Pringle for granting us permission to use it. – MWB] The brand new ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)