Crossrail Ltd have released a statement reiterating their current stance with regards to savings. The statement can be read in full here. Broadly speaking, the statement largely confirms much that was already known. Crossrail indicate that they do not currently consider any major descoping to be an option. They also highlight the various actions that have already been taken to limit costs. This includes the redesign of Whitechapel which is estimated to save approximately £30m (we previously ...
[The photo of above gives an impressive view of all the new railway infrastructure at Stratford – from Bow Midland Road construction yard and DLR Pudding Mill Lane in the south, to the missing Hall Farm Curve via the Eurostar Depot and Olympic Way sidings and finally to the Walthamstow Arches in the north. It was taken from an RAF Merlin Helicopter door so no reflection off a glass window. Many thanks to Thomas Pringle for granting us permission to use it. – MWB] The brand new ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (16:11, 17 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- JFN on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (12:51, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)