The Secretary of State for Transport has approved Network Rail’s Nuneaton North chord application. Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to Flickrist – Stephen Rees for his picture of a Felixstowe bound Freightliner emerging from the NLL’s Down Channelsea Curve on to the GEML at Stratford. Note that the first container of the train is built to the 9 feet ISO height standard whilst second container is built to the newer and larger ISO 9 feet 6 inch standard. The latter requies W10 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)