Mike Brown, London Underground’s new MD gave his first full interview on Friday to the Financial Times. It was an interview that did not contain much in the way of good news for those interested in the ongoing process of upgrading the Underground. Speaking on the subject of upgrades, Brown confirmed the following:Northern Line Upgrades This will not be completed on time. This isn’t entirely surprising given how far behind Tube Lines had fallen with the the work, and was heralded, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)