The DfT – and more specifically new Transport Secretary Phil Hammond – appear to have thrown their weight behind Crossrail ahead of the upcoming “emergency budget,” suggesting that Government cuts to the project are less likely than many have thought. In a press release timed to coincide with a visit by the Transport Secretary to Canary Wharf Crossrail station, the DfT comment: The Transport Secretary saw for himself visible evidence of the progress made in construction ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:50, 16 October 2018)
- Verulamius on A Study In Sussex part 13: Norwood Junction (14:28, 16 October 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (12:34, 15 October 2018)
- dm1 on Friday Reads – 12 October 2018 (12:03, 14 October 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 5 October 2018 (14:23, 13 October 2018)