The DfT – and more specifically new Transport Secretary Phil Hammond – appear to have thrown their weight behind Crossrail ahead of the upcoming “emergency budget,” suggesting that Government cuts to the project are less likely than many have thought. In a press release timed to coincide with a visit by the Transport Secretary to Canary Wharf Crossrail station, the DfT comment: The Transport Secretary saw for himself visible evidence of the progress made in construction ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Librarian on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (07:40, 18 August 2018)
- Brighton Reader on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (06:40, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)