The Story So Far… With construction of the ELL Extension Phase 2 (ELLX2 to its friends) due to begin this autumn, one particular question related to the line is becoming increasingly urgent – will a station be constructed at Surrey Canal Road? The Surrey Canal Road saga is one that has now dragged on for some time. Originally the station was not included by TfL as part of ELLX2 because they felt the cost could not be justified. This situation changed, however, when TfL found that ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- NickBxn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 21 October 2019 (00:41, 22 October 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (15:43, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (09:16, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (09:14, 21 October 2019)
- James Bunting on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (18:09, 19 October 2019)