The Financial Times posted an interesting story over the weekend linking Tim O’Toole, London Underground’s former Managing Director, to the Chief Executive position at Tube Lines vacated by Dean Finch last month. The FT claimed that Tube Lines had entered negotiations with O’Toole over the vacant post, although this was a situation that David Begg, Tube Lines’ Chairman refused to confirm: I haven’t offered Tim O’Toole a contract, so I cannot say whether or not Tim ...
The station at Rotherhithe The information office Heading down the escalators The brickwork on the shaft at Rotherhithe Rotherhithe at platform level The platforms Looking into the tunnel from Rotherhithe Into the tunnel An example of an original, unrestored arch just beyond Rotherhithe station A restored example of the above The original roofwork in all its glory… …and closer up The roof has been restored, where necessary Looking back towards Rotherhithe Signage as you move towards ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)