TfL have confirmed that the 3-year Blackwall Tunnel refurbishment programme will begin on the 7th of February. This will mean that the northbound tunnel will be closed between 21:00 and 05:00 from Sundays through to Fridays. Northbound traffic will be diverted through the southbound tunnel (with a 20mph speed limit in place) and Southbound traffic will need to use other Thames crossing options. The refurbishment largely revolves around safety and modernisation works – updated fire and ...
We’ve previously posted on the post-metronet oversight arrangements here. In a nutshell, the Joint Steering Committee appointed to evaluate post-Metronet options determined that Metronet’s responsibilities should stay with TfL. In return, however, TfL would be required to appoint a committee of independent figures to oversee the entire TfL investment programme. Members of this committee would come from a shortlist of nominees drawn up by the Mayor and TfL, with the final appointments ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)