Network Rail have released an interesting Time-lapse video showing the new eastern section of bridge at Blackfriars being slid into place. The replaced bridge is at the north end of the station, immediately past the original end of the platforms, but would normally have been hidden behind the now demolished buildings on the corner of Queen Victoria St and Blackfriars bridge. The slide was originally planned to take place toward the end of November, but was delayed until Christmas when it was ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)