As you may have noticed already, we’ve made some layout changes to the way the homepage now works on the site. By default (the key word there being “default”), it now no longer lists out the full text of all articles, instead providing a short extract followed by a click through to read the full article. We thought long and hard about whether to make this change, as traditionally we’ve always outputted the full article. There’s a couple of reasons why ultimately we ...
Thanks to all who continue to provide feedback on the new site design. I’ve now made another couple of tweaks, based on that feedback: The background (and text in the “inverted” site version) are now slightly off-white, to reduce glare. I’ve reduced the line-height within articles slightly, to make visual scanning easier To clarify for those who weren’t sure how print stylesheets work, basically just go to the page you want to print and select File > Print. Simple ...
Thanks to everyone who has commented so far on the design. Some changes (and clarifications) are below: Colour Scheme As a couple of commentors have pointed out, black on white is the easiest combination for most people when it comes to reading large amounts of text. As LR is really about the content, not the visuals, we opted for a simple, clean design that matched this – a design fit for purpose (Frank Pick would be proud). That said, many people prefer light-on-dark (as was the case ...
Welcome to the London Reconnections site. Hopefully it’s relatively bug-free (we’ve done as much testing as we can), but if you have any problems, questions or suggestions we’d certainly like to hear them. Just post them to the comments section of this article.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Matthew Dickinson on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:00, 10 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)
- Latecomer on Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 (15:59, 10 December 2017)
- ngh on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (12:47, 9 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Garden Bridge Review: Clive Walker Transcript (09:25, 8 December 2017)
8 December, 2017
7 December, 2017
6 December, 2017
5 December, 2017
4 December, 2017
1 December, 2017
30 November, 2017
- Original Birmingham tram fleet auction (Transport for West Midlands) on
- Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail on
- In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? on
- Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 on
- Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services on