Downer has partnered with the University of Technology Sydney, in collaboration with the Rail Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre, to develop Dwell Track. This technology is an infrared digital imaging system that aims to optimise customer flow and safety on platforms. Wynyard Station was the first to get the new technology. The Dwell Track trial at Wynyard Station comprises 16 infrared and digital devices. They detect movement without identifying passengers. “Precise mapping of crowd ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)