If approved by two-thirds of voters at the ballot box, the tax would impose a 3.25% surcharge on all individual rides and a 1.5% surcharge on shared rides that originate in the city. Rides in electric vehicles (EVs) would have a surcharge of 1.5%, regardless of whether they are individual or shared, in order to encourage the use of EVs. The tax would go into effect on January 1, 2020, if passed. The measure, introduced by Supervisor Aaron Peskin, would generate an estimated $35 million a year ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)