The Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon (TriMet) will install 12 small wind turbines on top of poles on the Tilikum Crossing bridge next week to complete one of the final elements of the MAX light-rail Orange Line construction. The $350,000 turbines will generate electricity to be stored in batteries that power lights at night, according to a TriMet press release. Once installed, tested and activated, Portland State University’s Mechanical Engineering School which will ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)