As new transportation methods — from autonomous vehicles to shared e-scooters to smart roadways — move us fragile humans from point A to point B, it’s not the technology that could prove to be the biggest challenge. No, it could be something as unsexy as insurance. Liability is emerging as the sleeper issue for new mobility technology across various transportation modes. It’ll be a huge issue for autonomous vehicles (AVs). At the 3 Revolutions conference at UNC Davis on Monday, ...
South Wales: Network Rail and Colas Rail have been working on a large-scale rail renewal project in South Wales where they have used solar lighting and power generation. The two companies wish to demonstrate the viability of a sustainable ‘Site of the Future’. In this case they managed to operate 97 percent diesel-free. Network Rail and Colas Rail opted for solar and battery technologies from Prolectric Ltd in favour of diesel generators at the 21-acre worksite in South Wales. As a result, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)
- Aleks on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (12:32, 19 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (10:32, 19 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)