Though it has a relatively long track record, misconceptions still surround the Global Positioning System, especially in terms of autonomous vehicles. Everyone knows that GPS uses satellites to deliver position information to things like smart watches and your car’s navigation system. But not so many know the details about just how sophisticated, complex, and advanced today’s satellite-based navigation systems truly are. The Global Positioning System (GPS) was launched by the US government ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (19:40, 22 July 2019)
- Jim R on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (16:38, 22 July 2019)
- Milton Clevedon on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (15:45, 22 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)