The last century was all about designing cities around the needs of cars. But today, many cities have committed to reducing or entirely removing cars from pedestrian-heavy areas and have set ambitious goals to become carbon neutral in the coming decades. Recent research shows that while swapping individual ownership for more self-driving cars could improve transportation times, it could also worsen congestion. So in readying our cities for AV, we need to plan for a mix of mobility types: ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (19:40, 22 July 2019)
- Jim R on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (16:38, 22 July 2019)
- Milton Clevedon on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (15:45, 22 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)