Or is it just a good way to market their product? A lot of big promises have been made about self-driving cars. If you listen to their boosters, the technology is poised to eliminate traffic, end car ownership, get rid of parking garages, address the carbon footprint of transportation, give us more time to work or use our phones — and those are just the ones at the top of my mind. But biggest of all has to be the promise to save approximately 40,000 lives lost every year in vehicle ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Herned on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (16:06, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)