The oil industry needn’t be too concerned, for now, about how Tesla Inc.’s electric cars are denting demand. China and its bus fleet could be more of a worry. By the end of this year, a cumulative 270,000 barrels a day of diesel demand will have been displaced by electric buses, most of it in China, according to a report published last week by BloombergNEF. That’s more than three times the displacement by all the world’s passenger electric vehicles (a market where Tesla has a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- asl on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (21:13, 24 April 2019)
- 100andthirty on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:53, 24 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)