Want a quick digital detox? In London, all you need to do is take the Tube. But, from next year, Transport for London (TfL) says it will roll out 4G coverage on the Underground. It’s a start, but London is still some way behind its big city rivals. That 4G coverage will join the Tube’s Wi-Fi network, which, since 2012, has let people get online while travelling through London’s myriad of Underground stations. Unlike the metro networks in many other major cities around the world though, in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- asl on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (21:13, 24 April 2019)
- 100andthirty on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:53, 24 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)