As the Victoria line celebrates its 50th birthday, we look at a largely forgotten triumph of transport construction: Operation Umbrella.
Welcome to Reconnections’ Fridays: • London’s most stressful Tube stations (MappingLondon) • Ongoing saga of Berlin-Brandenberg airport (OneMileataTime) • Aerial views of the world’s oldest metros (QuickQuid) • Latest developments in mapmaking event (SchematicMapping) • Cities repurposing useless golf courses (FastCompany) • National Links: Concrete and Congestion Pricing (OverheadWire) • Global queuing philosophies (Quartz) • SimCity turns 30 (HumanTransit) • ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlanBG on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (13:40, 19 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)
- Greg Tingey on West London Line cocooned by Earls Court development (09:39, 19 May 2019)
- rational plan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 May 2019 (15:21, 18 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 17 May 2019 (07:42, 18 May 2019)