Global electrical product and solution and provider ABB has been selected to supply the drive and energy storage technologies that will underpin Iceland’s first electrified ferry. The 70-meter long vessel will be powered by a mind-boggling 3,000kWh battery pack with a diesel generator that will serve only to supply backup power. The point-to-point ferry will have capacity to take 550 passengers and 75 cars the 13 kilometers | 8 miles from Iceland’s Landeyjahöfn on the mainland over to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (19:40, 22 July 2019)
- Jim R on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (16:38, 22 July 2019)
- Milton Clevedon on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (15:45, 22 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)