The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority is considering taxing ride share companies like Uber and Lyft in hopes of seeing less of them on the road, and more people taking trains and buses. This comes after a 20 percent drop in Metro ridership over the last five years. “One of the ways we could potentially reduce congestion is to make sure that Uber and Lyft are charging fares that are closer to their fare market value because right now they are underpricing their ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- rational plan on Friday Reads – 22 March 2019 (14:34, 23 March 2019)
- Taz on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (04:11, 23 March 2019)
- DJL on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (17:55, 22 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)