Corvus Energy has been selected by Norwegian ferry operator Fjord 1 to supply lithium-ion energy storage systems for 5 new all electric ferries. The new ships are being built by Havyard shipbuilders and are expected to enter service in January of 2020. Fjord 1 already has 8 electric ferries operating on four routes. In all, Corvus Energy has supplied energy storage systems for 40 short range hybrid and electric vessels worldwide. The Norwegian government is intent on lowering emissions from its ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (10:54, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)