Corvus Energy has been selected by Norwegian ferry operator Fjord 1 to supply lithium-ion energy storage systems for 5 new all electric ferries. The new ships are being built by Havyard shipbuilders and are expected to enter service in January of 2020. Fjord 1 already has 8 electric ferries operating on four routes. In all, Corvus Energy has supplied energy storage systems for 40 short range hybrid and electric vessels worldwide. The Norwegian government is intent on lowering emissions from its ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (18:22, 19 April 2019)
- Russell.FL on Friday Reads – 19 April 2019 (15:56, 19 April 2019)
- Hackneyite on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:53, 19 April 2019)
- The Future’s Bright, The Future’s Orange on No Do Nothing Option: The Increasing Cost of the Bakerloo’s Trains (19:41, 17 April 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 April 2019 (21:18, 16 April 2019)