Plans for tram-trains in Manchester unveiled as Grayling and Burnham mull expansion of Metrolink Proposals for an expansion of Greater Manchester’s (GM) tram network are in the works, Chris Grayling and [Manchester Mayor] Andy Burnham have announced, with plans for greater devolved control for the region and the introduction of tram-trains being considered. A range of proposals are being explored by the DfT, Network Rail, and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) who will bring forward the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (10:54, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)