Plans for tram-trains in Manchester unveiled as Grayling and Burnham mull expansion of Metrolink Proposals for an expansion of Greater Manchester’s (GM) tram network are in the works, Chris Grayling and [Manchester Mayor] Andy Burnham have announced, with plans for greater devolved control for the region and the introduction of tram-trains being considered. A range of proposals are being explored by the DfT, Network Rail, and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) who will bring forward the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (18:22, 19 April 2019)
- Russell.FL on Friday Reads – 19 April 2019 (15:56, 19 April 2019)
- Hackneyite on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:53, 19 April 2019)
- The Future’s Bright, The Future’s Orange on No Do Nothing Option: The Increasing Cost of the Bakerloo’s Trains (19:41, 17 April 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 April 2019 (21:18, 16 April 2019)