Eight years later, this legacy gathers weeds As the Pyeongchang Olympics make way for the beginning of the Paralympics, scholars and critics are already starting to look at what legacy the event will leave. Legacy is a common topic for those evaluating the exorbitant cost of hosting large competitions like the Olympics, especially when it comes to event infrastructure. After Brazil, many criticized the cost of the $319 million arena built in the middle of the jungle that only saw four soccer ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (10:54, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)