Philippa Edmunds, Freight on Rail Manager explains how Government should align its rail freight policies with comparative industries. The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report, issued on June 28, 2018 paints a damning picture of the Government’s environmental record on transport, which is now the largest emitting sector of the UK economy. Transport is the only sector which grew between 2012 and 2017 and is responsible for 28 per cent of overall UK carbon dioxide emissions. In 2017, HGVs ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Albert J. P. on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:21, 17 June 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)