Philippa Edmunds, Freight on Rail Manager explains how Government should align its rail freight policies with comparative industries. The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report, issued on June 28, 2018 paints a damning picture of the Government’s environmental record on transport, which is now the largest emitting sector of the UK economy. Transport is the only sector which grew between 2012 and 2017 and is responsible for 28 per cent of overall UK carbon dioxide emissions. In 2017, HGVs ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (18:22, 19 April 2019)
- Russell.FL on Friday Reads – 19 April 2019 (15:56, 19 April 2019)
- Hackneyite on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:53, 19 April 2019)
- The Future’s Bright, The Future’s Orange on No Do Nothing Option: The Increasing Cost of the Bakerloo’s Trains (19:41, 17 April 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 April 2019 (21:18, 16 April 2019)