Philippa Edmunds, Freight on Rail Manager explains how Government should align its rail freight policies with comparative industries. The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report, issued on June 28, 2018 paints a damning picture of the Government’s environmental record on transport, which is now the largest emitting sector of the UK economy. Transport is the only sector which grew between 2012 and 2017 and is responsible for 28 per cent of overall UK carbon dioxide emissions. In 2017, HGVs ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- RJB1 on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (14:30, 22 February 2019)
- Rog on Friday Reads – 22 February 2019 (14:16, 22 February 2019)
- Jimbo on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:58, 22 February 2019)
- Walthamstow Writer on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (23:03, 21 February 2019)
- Albert J. P. on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (11:32, 21 February 2019)