Ottawa is in the middle of a conversion away from a very successful Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) network known by its marketing name, The Transitway, towards a Light Rail Transit Network known as the O-Train. The remaining BRT System will feed the LRT system and act as rapid transit in areas too low in passenger levels to have LRT. This article looks at the trials and tribulations that come with this process. For most situations, Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is generally cheaper to build than Light Rail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Twopenny Tube on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (10:44, 24 June 2019)
- IslandDweller on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:54, 22 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 21 June 2019 (09:03, 21 June 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (07:02, 20 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)