Direct train travel between London and Bordeaux has come a step closer following the launch of a review to upgrade Bordeaux Saint Jean station. On October 10, infrastructure managers SNCF-Réseau, Eurotunnel, Lisea and HS1 jointly launched a feasibility study to look at the necessary station adaptations to create an open access high-speed route for an operator. The study will scope the requirements and costs for new border control and security facilities to allow passengers to travel directly to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:54, 22 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 21 June 2019 (09:03, 21 June 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (07:02, 20 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)