Direct train travel between London and Bordeaux has come a step closer following the launch of a review to upgrade Bordeaux Saint Jean station. On October 10, infrastructure managers SNCF-Réseau, Eurotunnel, Lisea and HS1 jointly launched a feasibility study to look at the necessary station adaptations to create an open access high-speed route for an operator. The study will scope the requirements and costs for new border control and security facilities to allow passengers to travel directly to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)