Siemens Mobility has already used Stratasys’ services3D printing, the highly versatile and adaptable technology that can quickly create exact replicas of three-dimensional components, is again being harnessed by the rail industry. One the UK’s largest train leasing companies is using the printing technology to produce parts for its rolling stock, manufacturing four interior components that include armrests, grab handles and seat tables. They will be trialled across its fleet next year. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:54, 22 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 21 June 2019 (09:03, 21 June 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (07:02, 20 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)