Siemens Mobility has already used Stratasys’ services3D printing, the highly versatile and adaptable technology that can quickly create exact replicas of three-dimensional components, is again being harnessed by the rail industry. One the UK’s largest train leasing companies is using the printing technology to produce parts for its rolling stock, manufacturing four interior components that include armrests, grab handles and seat tables. They will be trialled across its fleet next year. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)