This report compares Toronto to similar local and commuter rail transit systems in several cities in Canada and the United States, examining specifics of fares, funding, network coverage, and governance. Transit networks are highly complex and dynamic systems. While there is no perfect or universal model, there is always something to learn from how other cities build and manage transit. This report finds that Toronto is lagging behind other comparator cities in key ways, while outperforming in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)