This report compares Toronto to similar local and commuter rail transit systems in several cities in Canada and the United States, examining specifics of fares, funding, network coverage, and governance. Transit networks are highly complex and dynamic systems. While there is no perfect or universal model, there is always something to learn from how other cities build and manage transit. This report finds that Toronto is lagging behind other comparator cities in key ways, while outperforming in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:54, 22 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 21 June 2019 (09:03, 21 June 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (07:02, 20 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)